Monday, April 02, 2007

Questions about Rusted Root

I got gauge with the recommended needle size. I'm a 36" bust. I want it to be a bit snug and the medium size is drafted to be exactly 36" at the bust. How should I adjust this to get what I want? These were a couple I thought of and why I wasn't sure if it would work:

1. Go down a needle size and knit the medium - but then the length would be off, yes?

2. Don't do as many raglan increases - but then the sleeves would be off?

3. Skip some of the last increases on the body side (still doing the increases for the sleeve side)

Also, does the cotton shrink? I've never knit with it before...

What do you suggest ladies? :)

1 comment:

Michelle B said...

I havne't started mine yet, but since it's a top down you can try on as you go...that way you can adjust accordinly. I think that is why I like top down sweaters so much!