Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tree Pullover

Woo! I finally finished the tree jacket and used up all the yarn I had up to the last yard or two. I love having no yarn left over from this project. I've been on a big stash reduction kick lately. Although I do have the minor yarn binge now and then when I can't say no to a new purchase. But about the sweater...

I chose to lengthen the body as mohair has a tendency to flyaway a bit since it's so light. I also put a small bit of the lace pattern at the sleeves with what yarn I had leftover. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL. The prettiest Tree Pullover I've seen yet! And the color looks great on you!!

Anonymous said...

Kate you did a wonderful job! Yay ebay yarn! - Dana

Aurelie said...

That is beautiful. I love how light and soft it looks. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

I agree! That is gorgeous. What mohair yarn did you use?

Knitters-Delight

Anonymous said...

Gee. Thanks. 8D

It is a discontinued yarn from the 1960's I got off Ebay, Bernat Brushed Mohairlaine. It's a rather rageddy-looking yarn and it was a bit stinky when I got it. But it was cheap and I liked the color. Probably any relatively thin mohair would work the same.

JustMe said...

Too cute!!