Monday, November 12, 2007

Juliet: Still in progress...

Hello all! Juliet is progressing...not as quickly as I would like, but I don't find that I can do the lace when my kids are interupting me every 5 seconds. I seem to miss those pesky YO's! So I usually wait till they are in bed. I'm using Patons Shetland Chunky. Seems pretty soft, but I'm not yet convinced it will drape well. I started out knitting the XS, but when I bound off the arms it felt a little too tight, so I went up to the size small. Now I'm having second thoughts though because I took it off the needles last night to try it on and it feels too big. I may have to gift this one to my sister. We'll see!


I am farther than this photo shows, I'm on the 5th repeat of the lace section...I think I will do 6 in total. I've never bought buttons before and I'm not sure where to find some nice ones. I checked Michael's but they have a very limited supply, and not much that I liked. Any suggestions? Should I head out to a fabric store?

Thanks!
Shannon

No comments: