Thursday, November 08, 2007

my dueling juliets are finished!


i knit these simultaneously. the teal juliet is the grandaughters and is knit from brown sheep cotton fleece in new age teal. the green is knit from cascade pima silk in pistachio. i really loved the pima silk. i'm a fan of that yarn after this experience. the teal juliet started as a size med then i drastically reduced the number of sleeve increase and continued following the size small instructions and counts. the pistachio juliet started out as an xs and seemed too snug in the arms so i added extra sleeve increases and in the end both ended up a size small in stitch count. i added length to the sleeves of mine and made it shorter to resemble a swing jacket. love the design of this pattern and everyone's juliet look great! see more pics on my blog.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Both came out beautiful. I have yet to knit with that yarn, but I've been wanting to. Maybe Juliet #2 for me.

KnittersDelight

Bad Amy said...

They're beautiful - I like the longer sleeves too.