Sunday, November 04, 2007

kind of a Juliet

Does anyone ever admit failure on this blog? :)




I have had such bad luck with Juliet. I started out kniting medium. Then I realized I should have been knitting a small. But I was too unmotivated to rip and just kept going. When I got to the lace portion I switched to a different color double-stranded (solid brown). And I didn't like that either. So I just ended up knitting more length to the garter section in the original yarn, instead of lace, and added a ribbed waistband at the bottom. I also added ribbed bands at the armholes to bring the sweater in a bit more. And I added buttons for the full length down the front. In this configuration it's wearable, but I still difficult to find something that works with it. All in all at least I have a cardigan, but it's not as nice as what everyone else has. In any case, I'm looking forward to the tree sweater being more satisfying. I at least already like the yarn more than what I used for Juliet. Staying positive! :)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Hey, Kate! I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciated your post. I definitely think it's important to show not just the successes, but also the problems we've had so that others can learn from our experience. Isn't that way we look for knitalongs? I think you look cute in that sweater anyway. Yes, stay positive! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support. The sweater is not so horrible I suppose, just not what I was going for. And yes, I learn a lot from my mistakes. So on to better horizons! :D

Aurelie said...

I love your post. I'm having a heck of a time finding love for Juliet too. I loved the pattern initially but haven't found a yarn I've fallen for and now am losing that feeling for the pattern in general. Way to go to finish into something and thanks so much for sharing. I love your honesty.