Sunday, November 04, 2007

One down, one to go!

So I finished Juliet. Here she is on the blocking board, still damp. I will model her once she is dry!
The yarn is Cascade Venezia, a bulky yarn of 70% merino, 30% silk. The sweater knit to gauge on size 10.5 Knitpicks Options needles. It is a size small with no modifications. The buttons are mother of pearl.

I swatched for Tree Jacket. I am using Tahki Savoy which is the most incredibly soft yarn. It is worsted weight 52% silk, 48% merino. It swatched to gauge on size 8's. I also tried a couple of things with the lace. I am trying to avoid the twisting that everyone is experiencing. I knit the first two repeats of the lace with K4, YO, K2tog, YO, SSK. I could see that it was going to twist, so I tried the next two repeats as suggested on the Zephyr Style message board: K3, K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SSK. That looks like it will go straight, so that is how I will knit tree jacket!

5 comments:

maddieg said...

Juliet is beautiful. I like yours so well now I think I should make one. I made the Tree jacket just have to block it.
You have inspired me to buy the pattern.
Pam

Elledub said...

Beautiful color!

slynnk said...

Your Juliet is beautiful. I've been dying to find something to knit with the Cascade Venezia. I've be feeling it up at my LYS for a while now!
Stacy

Susan said...

I really love your Juliet. Can't wait to see the modelled pic.

Knitters-Delight

Happily Knit said...

Thank you for the alternate pattern for Tree Jacket. I had missed that note on their message board and was also hoping to avoid the twisting action once I get to that part!

Juliet looks great too!