Friday, November 16, 2007

Juliet

Well I had all intentions of starting right away on the tree jacket, of which I have the yarn for! but I told myself I had to finish my 2nd Wicked (also from the Zephyr gals) 1st. Well that was done and I was at Michael's the other day and well all their yarn was on sale, so I picked up some Patons Shetland chunky in Rich Teal ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color!) and started. I am almost to where you split off the sleeves. Picts soon! My question. I want to make this long sleeved. I am debating on trying to make the sleeves lacy, or should I do them in garter? Any thoughts/tips/hints?
Thanks!
Michelle

2 comments:

Kozy Kitty said...

I would suggest making the sleeves in garter with a lace portion at the cuff. I would increase on the last row of garter just like you do for the sweater body. Of course you will have to work out the number of stitches you will need first. This will give the sleeve a belled sleeve effect.

Heather said...

I think the sleeves in mainly garter, with a "cuff" of lace is what I am going to do as well. And, being that the pattern has such a high-waist, I'm going to have my cuff start high as well - probably at the elbow! Good luck!