Sunday, November 25, 2007

Progressing . . .

I'm back on track with my Tree Jacket. I had taken a bit of a hiatus to prepare for Thanksgiving. I separated the sleevels last night. It turns out that I am making the XS. I had originially thought that I would do the small as that's the size I made Rusted Root and that fit perfectly. After reading all the comments about size, I thought I'd try it on before proceeding. It turns out that the XS fits. This yarn has a lot of stretch which allows me to make this sweater with negative ease. I'm using Tahki Savoy which is 52% silk, 48% merino. It is incredibly soft. I have also modified the lace a bit so that it hangs straight and doesn't twist. I'm thinking that I will knit the sleeves in the round using 12 inch circular needles. I will also pick up a few stitches--maybe 2 or 3 under the arm to close the little hole that is there. So far I'm very happy with this knit. This yarn is indiscribably delicious!

I like this pattern. It is mindless enough to knit while watching TV or at knitting group, yet the little lace pattern adds interest.

No comments: