Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Talk about a brain fart!

I've finished the bottom ribbing and began working on the first sleeve, using DPNs. I am not all that familiar with them - only used them one time before. But I felt comfortable. That is, until several rounds into the thing I came to the end of a needle and wondered where the now-empty needle was. Wasn't in the knitting, not attached anywhere, not on the desk or the floor or lost in my hair. I panicked - where could it have gone? When would I be able to get another one? How would I manage to finish my sleeves, and could I really use a spare DPN in a different size, like I've read about before? Worry mounted, anxiety increased, and I felt totally stupid. And then, I felt even stupider, when I looked down and saw it, the empty needle, resting idly in my left hand, waiting to be transferred to my right hand to begin the next group of stitches.

What a bozo...

2 comments:

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

When you search for 15 minutes for your reading glasses so you CAN knit and find them on the top of your head, you will have entered my everyday world.

What was it we were talking about?

tekopp said...

at least you didn't brain fart up your stich count. because that's not even a funny story.

thanks for making me smile absurdly early in the morning :)