Wednesday, May 10, 2006

One down, one to go.

Hi everyone. A quick progress report on the KAL.

First up is my completed Orangina or Blueygina. (Just noticed how untoned my arms look. Must go to the gym !) It's currently unwashed and unblocked but I don't think it'll change too much. It's knitted in Rowan Linen Drape, which is a pain to knit but does create a lovely fabric. You'll notice that the ribbing is in a slightly different colour - it was a different dyelot which I didn't notice until much too late. I was too lazy to rip back and alternate the yarn. So here it is with a new design feature. I love it .
Next up is the Somewhat Cowl. When the photo was taken, I had just completed the raglan increases. In the last few days, I have joined the front and knitted quite a bit of the body. This project is just flying off the needles and I love the Debbie Bliss Cathay. The knitted fabric is so soft and yummy. However, it can be a bit of a pain to knit - slightly slippery and splitty.
Fingers crossed for 2 completed items for this KAL.
PS - this is the most productive I have been. Most things stay unfinished. The KAL sure focuses the mind.

No comments: