Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ease in Orangina?

Sexy Knitters Club: New here ...
Hey all, I've just joined (and just about ready to cast on for Orangina!). I've looked at loads of pics, and read Glampyre's entry here, but I wanted some feedback from gals who have actually knit (and maybe even finished!) Orangina. How much ease did you build into your Orangina? 2 inches? 0 inches? Negative ease? Help!

Any feedback appreciated; I'm really struggling with how many stitches to cast on (this isn't an issue of how many inches around I am or what my gauge is, I've got all that figured out!)

3 comments:

thatfarmgirl said...

I would normally be an XS/34, but I ended up casting on 27 less stitches (reduced by 3 lace repeats) and I'm still concerned it's looking a little large. I'm on gauge and using the Rowan 4-Ply Cotton as called for, yet the sizing seems off to me.

mary said...

I'm still working on mine. I cast on for the XS/34, and am using Rowan 4-ply cotton. I think the size actually looks good, and I'm glad I stuck with the pattern. I know a lot of others had difficulty, but i made sure to swatch beforehand (even washing it!) until I got the called for gauge. Good luck and have faith that it will turn out!

AimeeJessica said...

i'm a 34 bust but not exactly an XS. i knit the XS, though, so that I'd have 0 ease, and I'm glad i did. I'll be posting a pic soon... you'll be able to see that what I also should have done is not make it XS in length! it turned out a little cropped. but the ease is right on. i also went down a needle size for the ribbing, and that also was a good choice. good luck!