Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ease in Orangina?

Sexy Knitters Club: New here ...
Hey all, I've just joined (and just about ready to cast on for Orangina!). I've looked at loads of pics, and read Glampyre's entry here, but I wanted some feedback from gals who have actually knit (and maybe even finished!) Orangina. How much ease did you build into your Orangina? 2 inches? 0 inches? Negative ease? Help!

Any feedback appreciated; I'm really struggling with how many stitches to cast on (this isn't an issue of how many inches around I am or what my gauge is, I've got all that figured out!)

4 comments:

thatfarmgirl said...

I would normally be an XS/34, but I ended up casting on 27 less stitches (reduced by 3 lace repeats) and I'm still concerned it's looking a little large. I'm on gauge and using the Rowan 4-Ply Cotton as called for, yet the sizing seems off to me.

mary said...

I'm still working on mine. I cast on for the XS/34, and am using Rowan 4-ply cotton. I think the size actually looks good, and I'm glad I stuck with the pattern. I know a lot of others had difficulty, but i made sure to swatch beforehand (even washing it!) until I got the called for gauge. Good luck and have faith that it will turn out!

AimeeJessica said...

i'm a 34 bust but not exactly an XS. i knit the XS, though, so that I'd have 0 ease, and I'm glad i did. I'll be posting a pic soon... you'll be able to see that what I also should have done is not make it XS in length! it turned out a little cropped. but the ease is right on. i also went down a needle size for the ribbing, and that also was a good choice. good luck!

smokey said...

Thanks for the feedback! Aimeejessica, your response was exactly what I needed in terms of ease. I'm knitting far tighter than gauge, so have bumped up the cast on significantly. I'm roughly 35" around, and I think I'm going to get negative ease when all is said and done (roughly 34" around, and I cast on 130 stitches). Since the recurring theme to so many posters is that they wish they had knit it smaller, I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not going to regret this decision!