Saturday, May 27, 2006

Done and done!

Well I posted about 2 weeks ago saying that I would be finished in time (even though I had not even joined my somewhat cowl in the round) and I am proud to say that I am finished! Here's a picture. Now keep in mind that this is the first sweater that I have ever knit and I have only been knitting sense Aug 2005. I used cotton fleece on size 5 and 4 needles. It knit up really easy and I only had to frog a few stitches here and there. The hardest part was picking up for the cowl, but other than that, it went very smoothly. I have already started on my next sweater, the wavey line sweater from vintage knits. It's so cute!

4 comments:

Bridget M said...

Kristin, that looks so beautiful on you! What a lovely color, too! You did an AWESOME job and should be super proud! Congrats on your first sweater! Exclamation marks and all caps RULE!! :)

Molly said...

Wow! My first sweater was worthy of the trash heap and nothing more. Great job!

Janet said...

That loos great! I'm a lurker and have bought the pattern and am shopping for yarn. What size did you make? You seem about my size and I've been worried about the arms being too tight but your's looks fab!

Kristin said...

I kind of did a combo of the small and the medium. I cast on for the medium (I have a 36 bust), and did the increases until it went to the middle of my armpit (about 9 1/2 inches, which i think is the small measurement). I continued to do the small instructions, or basically whatever I thought would fit better. I was noticing that the arms on other peoples SWC looked a little saggy so that's why I left off on the increasing when I did. I did pick up about 8 sts on the armpit when I did the sleeves. On a side note, do the full 6 inches for the cowl, it makes a huge differnce in looks, especially with a cotton blend (it helps it to stand up more). The only regret that I have is that I wish I would have made the body of it a little longer and gone the full 3 inch ribbing (I ended at 2 3/4") on the body, and I would have liked to go about 2 inches on the sleeves before the ribbing instead of just 1 inch like the pattern recommends.