Monday, May 14, 2007

Woohoo! I finished Rusted Root too.


I finished my Rusted Root! And I love it! I made it in Knit Picks CotLin. I really like the yarn. It's nice and cool for hot weather and I know linen gets softer with each wash, so that's exciting too!

It was my first top-down shirt, and also my first lace. This was such an enjoyable knit.

As many of you have said, my sleeves are not as poofy as they are in the pattern pics. BUT I am glad! I l look younger than I am so I'm thinking big poofy sleeves wouldn't help me look sophisticated :)

More details on my blog!

10 comments:

Amy H. said...

I love the color! I'm interested in trying the CotLin yarn; maybe this would be a good project, based on your beautiful results.

Hattie said...

It looks great! Love it, and the color is so pretty! I too was glad that the sleeves weren't so poofy.

Jess said...

Looks great! I just made a hand towel out of the cotlin and was amazed how SOFT and springy it was after blocking. I want to make rr out of this too! Oh, and love the color on you!

Anonymous said...

That color is so summer! Lookin' good!

Ninabeena said...

Great job. I really like the color. I haven't made this yet but I just may have to. I've been wondering about the Knitpicks CotLin- I really like the way it turned out.

Michelle B said...

Love that color! And your sweater looks great! Were you happy with the cot lin? I want to try something with it!

Serena said...

What a gorgeous colour - it really suits you. You've done a beautiful job!

Heather said...

Now, I really truly don't like this pattern much at all, but it does look good in that color. Guess I need to work on opening my mind up more, because had I envisioned the sweater looking like that, I might have tried it!

Mallory said...

Thanks everyone! I was really happy with the Cotlin, I think it worked beautifully for this sweater. It makes more a really great summer knit.

Joy said...

it really becomes you, and bravo on the courage: first lace and first sweater? you can be proud. do stop by blog, i am parisian but my blog is in english