Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another Sahara Done!!


I finished this in the car on Friday. It is spectacular (if I do say so myself ;-) ). Even my dad commented on how great it looked. Fits like a glove and the final fabric feels gorgeous. Soft, sort of smooth but rustic, I can't stop stroking it. I still need to block it but it looks pretty good unblocked. I love, love, love it, more than I thought I would.

This was a great knit with a few new things to learn for me. I dreaded the p3tog tbl but these I found much easier than the k3tog tbl. Took a few weeks longer to do than I anticipated. Great pattern and has inspired me to relook at Sizzle. I love the shape of the neckline and it's much more flattering than I expected (I'm really small busted).
Stats:

Started 1 April, Finished 25 May 2007

Yarn: Rowan Summer Tweed - Summer Berry (Very little left from 6 skeins)
Size: XS
Needles: Boye Interchangeables Sizes 5 and 3Trim: Main yarn with carry along of DMC Perle 8 with Mouakaite chips


The only mod I did had to do with the short rows on the sleeves. I didn't like the way the stitches looked when picking up the wraps on the purl side, so I slipped the wrapped stitch and picked it up on the knit run. Looks much less hole-y which should improve even more when blocked. I've never done short rows before this and this could actually be the way they're supposed to be picked up.

No comments: