Monday, May 28, 2007

Rusted Root questions

I've started my Rusted Root this week and I have a couple of questions. First of all, is the neckline ribbing done on the smaller needles like the sleeve ribbing? The pattern doesn't specify this. Secondly, I'm finding that the neckline isn't exactly straight because the lace section is looser which creates a little bulge or ripple on the neck edge. Did this happen to others and does the ribbing take care of that? Thanks for any help. I like the way the pattern is written. It makes it easy to knit on autopilot (except for the lace part).

2 comments:

Hattie said...

I believe you are supposed to knit both the neckline and the sleeves in smaller needles. I didn't bother using smaller needles at all because if I had, they would have been too tight.

I also noticed the bulge you mentioned where the lace is, but it is less noticeable with the ribbing, you could also try blocking it. For me it wasn't that big a deal.

Missamite said...

I used the smaller needles for the ribbing on the neckline. The ribbing really did help with the lace lump as did a good washing. I am sure it will turn out great.