Sunday, February 25, 2007

Eiffel Done!



This is a truely wretched picture taken by tech and gadget challanged dh, so please excuse it. But I finished my Eiffel!

The yarn I choose to use in place of ribben is complamentory in color to the yarn I used for the Eiffel, so it doesn't stand out as much as the one in the pattern. However that was my intent, not to have it draw so much attention by contrasting so much.

The short rows I did in front worked out just right, whew I sweated those! I'll write out details in the next day or so and post them to my personal blog ( http://caffinna.wordpress.com/ ) as soon as I can.

I realized after two of the "plain" rows done between the decrease rows, that if I did all of the plain rows the yoke would be way to long for me. So I didn't do any more of them, only did decrease rows without the plain in between. The yoke came out just right.

I used the "ribbon" yarn on the sleeve cuffs, which are cut off in this picture. I did two single crochet stitches in each stitch around. This added a slight "flair" to the cuff of the sleeve, which is what my intent. With the sleeve fitting snug, I wanted a little flair at the cuff because I like that!

My dh pointed something out to after I finished this sweater. After I have my reduction surgery, the sweater won't fit the same. I told him that was fine, I'd just knit me another one!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Your idea for the color scheme was right on! It looks fabulous! Beautiful :)

Carissa said...

This is your official invitation to add your photo to our EiffelKAL flickr group!