Sunday, January 07, 2007

WICKED FUN



OK, I really should be sleeping having worked three 12 hour night shifts, just got home a few hours ago, DH downloaded pattern after failed attempts at work and purchasing twice. Thought I could make the entire sweater from the navy Lace Mohair I purchased, but seems the collar must be made in worsted. I "stole" a ball of Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth from the stash for my Rogue sweater as I was dying to start Wicked. I think the match is very good...this is a fun quick knit...I do believe I will make it several times...the WOA Hyacinth is a bit more purple than showing up..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a really good color match, can't wait to see how it comes out!

Cheryl said...

Me too, thanks...someone needs to tell me to go to sleep....I am sure when I wake in a few hours(way too few) someone will have posted a finished wicked..lol...this and the Hidcote Shawl are the most fun I have had knitting in a while..ok since Christmas knitting.... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hint - I didn't notice that the collar had to be done in worsted! I was going to use a variegated yarn so not sure how that will work with another complementary yarn.

Anonymous said...

Wow Cheryl love the colours and yup a lovely match!

Cheryl said...

OK I am awake and onto the mohair section, holy Toledo, what a difference dropping needle size and yarn weight, this is going to be VERY sheer...hmmmm...I will finish it as thus because I have the yarn but will definitely need camisole, DH protection, etc...still love the sweater and will make another in totally worsted weight. Pics in a while after more length in mohair...