Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wicked done and I love it!


Here is my Wicked. It was such a fun & quick knit and I'm really happy with the final fit. It's snug, but I can easily put a tshirt on underneath it.

I used Bare Superwash from Knitpicks that I dyed myself. I did more waist shaping than is on the original pattern & made it about an inch longer, finishing with the ribbing instead of the seed stitch to add interest since I left off the pocket. I also did 5.5" sleeves for that little extra something.

I might do another one with the pocket, but I wanted this one to be 'work appropriate'.

More details on my blog.

6 comments:

LisaBe said...

wow--that looks amazing on you! i love the waist shaping. i have just restarted for the third time and it seems to be going well, so i hope to be where you are in a couple of weeks :) and i hope to figure out how to do it the way you did so it looks that good on me!

Sherri said...

Looks fantastic!!!

Michelle B said...

OHHH so cute! I still love your color!!! It fits you perfectly too!!

gaysknits said...

gorgeous and love the color!

Christina said...

That looks great! I love the red. I have my yarn but haven't started yet but I hope mine will look as good as yours.

sknittymama said...

Your wicked looks superb - excellent modifications and you did a great job with the fit!