Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sexy Project, or project for sexy knitters



Kate Skaare is collecting fun and funky fuzzy furry chemo hats for teenagers at a local cancer hospital. Unfortunately my cold medicine addled brain cannot remember her blog addy with all the information. But you can contact her at her email addy kskaare@gmail.com and put "hats contest" in the subject line. She is having a contest and giving away some of her own stash and booty for this worthy cause, and even sending you some patterns that you can use that the kids have chosen. The picture is of one of my efforts, and I thought it was just the sort of project a sexy knitter might want to do for special stash busting, or if like me one of your resolutions was to do more charity knitting this year.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You can the addt'l info here http://minisoup.blogspot.com/

I have knit one up already, they are a super quick knit, & have started a second.

Those interested, Michael's craft stores have the furry yarn discounted @ $2 a ball...So there is really No reason not to make one!

zen-knitting said...

I am working on finishing my first one today. Got some fun fur on sale at the local Jo-ann Fabric store for $2 a ball also. Just finished a couple of scarves for the red scarf project. Next I am planning on doing some stash busting for the Dulaan Project. I have links and some more info on my blog at http://zen-knitting.blogspot.com/
Hope you can all find some time to check them out and get involved.
Jen