Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Now that my dress form is behaving I can finally take pics of the in progress tree jacket. I did the size x-small, which was perfect circumference-wize, but the join for the arms was a bit high. Instead of continuing with the increases, as per the directions, I just knit 4 rounds in plain garter to get a little more room, joined and pressed on. Once I got a few rows into the openwork section I decided that I wanted some waist shaping. I agree with the Zephyr girls that decreases would be tricky and might mess up the pattern, so I just went down to size 7 needles instead. Not much shaping, but hopefully it will be just enough. A few more details on my blog.