Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tree jacket and Juliet

I am making both patterns, started them a few days apart, actually, about a week ago. I waited over a month to get my yarn for Tree Jacket, otherwise I would have started sooner. I don't want to bash new companies, but it's a new canadian company, so if anyone wants to know where not to order from... I am using Cascade Yarns 220, colour number 8114, a dusty pink. I am at 15 repeats of the garter stitch at the shoulders. I am either making the small or medium size, will probably end up doing something in the middle.
For Juliet, I am using Filatura di Crosa Andina, the colour is Nantucket Sand. I just bound off the sleeve stitches. I decided to continue the garter stitch until just under the bust. I don't want the lace to pouf out too much. I am also thinking of using only one button, under the bust, where the garter and lace meet. I am making a size between the xs and s sizes. I don't want mine to be too big.
I can't wait to wear these!
I am having problems with the pics, so I will try to post again later. I don't want the computer to crash and I lose this post.

No comments: