Monday, October 08, 2007

Some juliet - some tree

I've finished the pre-lace section of my juliet. I'm not sure if I love it so far, but I really like the texture. It's knit in an old Noro yarn from the 90's of which I can't remember the name. It's a slubby cotton viscose blend that I've mixed with some washable fingering wool and makes the fabric feel somewhat suede-like.

At first I thought the fit was going to be too big for me, as I chose medium size and I'm a 36. But now that I've gotten more to the sweater, it's seeming to fit better now. I don't have enough yarn to do the whole sweater in variegated yarn so I'm planning on buying some brown ribbon yarn to work into the lace with the green fingering yarn.

I am also starting up the tree jacket. I'm using more stash yarn, some mohair blend from the 1960's called Mohairlaine. I might mix in some extra Doceur et Soie into the garter section too. But I need to knit more before I decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for using up really old stash. Some of the names are familiar to me as well.