Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Simple Bodice - Plain Jane Yarn

When I first saw this pattern I knew I had to make it. When I saw that there were not one but two knit alongs, I just knew I had to join. When I saw that there were a lot of people using the very pretty but VERY EXPENSIVE Tilli Thomas yarn, I knew that there was no way I could use it. So into my stash I went. I came up with some TLC Cotton Blend in lavendar. I'm almost done with the sweater and I LOVE IT - Tilli Thomas or no Tilli Thomas. It fits great. Only modifications I'm making is that I'm replacing the purl ridges with garter stitch (that's the all knit one, right? I always get them confused). I wanted the borders to lay flat and the purl ridges just seemed a bit puffy to me. I also raised the v-neck because I'd like to wear this without a cami.

Here it is....

I've folded back the one arm because I made it with the larger size needles and need to rip it out and redo on the smaller needles. I should be done this weekend and will be back with a modeled shot but I have tried it on several times and it really is a beautiful sweater. Enjoy knitting.

6 comments:

KnitnZu said...

So cute! I fell in love with this sweater when I saw it in the back of Vogue and Interweave, so glad it is on our KAL. I'm doing Sizzle because it'll stashbust for me, maybe SKB later. We'll all love to see it on you.

LisaBe said...

this had been one of my plans--i had a bunch of inexpensive acrylic/wool-blend yarn and i was going to do something other than the purl rolls there for the same reason. i ended up splurging on the tilli tomas with the help of a friend's birthday money, but it's great to know that if i want to make this again for a gift for someone i can do it less expensively! it looks great!

Jeanie said...

TLC Cotton Plus has ALWAYS been one of my favorite yarns and I seriously considered using it for this top but figured I needed to break out of my "Cotton Plus" rut! Good for you -- it looks awesome and I can't wait to see it modeled!

Meg said...

it looks awesome - great job!!!

Melissa said...

i really like your modification of the purl ridges... I think I might just do mine that way, too! i love the color, too ; )

Lumie said...

It looks beautiful. I'm going to keep that yarn in mind for other projects.