Sunday, September 24, 2006

fall knitting










My fiddlesticks knitting country silk yarn has finally arrived! I ordered two large skeins of the bright earth colourway, thinking it might be something like the colours of fall in the Yukon. This pic was taken on a recent trip to Keno City, Yukon. The yarn has more pink than I'd expected, but I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe it's got a bit more fireweek than tundra...

And here's the progress so far...(note this year's cranberry harvest to the left)


The yarn ended up being quite a different gauge than suggested, so we'll see how this goes. I'm a couple of days away from the first fitting - wish me luck!

2 comments:

KnitnZu said...

I LOVE the fall colorway! And that you can go pick cranberries...we pick mostly blueberries here though there are plenty of cranberry bogs around. I'll post my favorite super super simple cranberry recipe on my blog... Good luck knitting!

amy said...

I love the color too! I wanted to get some of this yarm when I saw your beautiful-yrt-unfinished piece, but I don't see it on the Fiddlesticks website. What gives?