Monday, June 18, 2007

Hello ALL SKC Members

I stumbled on this page while trolling around on another members page and just had to join! the patterns i have seen are gorgeous and you all have done such a wonderful job knitting them. I myself have never knit a sweater, T, or tank and was wondering if you could all recommend a pattern to begin with. I am not a beginning knitter, I have done lace shawls, socks, hats, blankets and stuffed animals, I just have never done the whole clothing thing. I was looking at Sahara and Simple Knitted Bodice. I have read the patterns and there are some things i don't understand. So recommendations are welcome and help is definitely needed. Volunteers anyone?

My Blog

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Hello and welcome! I know we just finished this sweater for our last KAL, so perhaps you won't be interested, but I knit Rusted Root and it was the very first sweater I ever knit. I'm a somewhat beginning knitter and I found the pattern extremely simple to follow and as it was a top down sweater, it was really easy to get it to fit properly. Plus, very little seaming! Yay! Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions about it at all! Hope that helps :)

Michelle B said...

I was going to recommend Rusted Root too! It's pretty easy and has a little lace in it....