Monday, June 25, 2007

Fifi Excitement!

I am sooo excited to start this knit! It's just so pretty & girly!!

I ordered Calmer in Chiffon from Janette's Rare Yarns on ebay - what a great deal, I never would have splurged on Calmer at full price.

I have a question for the designer & I thought I would post it here b/c it might help some other people out.

The pattern says 2-4 inches of negative ease - I am inbetween sizes - I have a 34" bust - I prefer my tops to be snugger rather than looser - my instinct is to knit the 29.5 & figure I can block it out if it ends up being too snug - what would you recommend? The 29.5" or the 33.5"?

Until I get my yarn, I'm working on Tomato - you can see my progress on my blog.

5 comments:

french girl said...

bonsoir rachael & skc lovelies...
this is so much fun for me here in french girl land!
that color calmer really is soft and delicious! and janette is the sweetest!...now your question...since the cast on is the same for both sizes, i would say, start with making the smallest size and then adjustments could be made in 2 areas....before the body join or after, when we are at the bust area...so i think your intuition to make the smaller one is right, calmer really does stretch so wonderfully! ...keep those questions coming and we will try to answer as best we can! ....a la prochaine, kristeen & the french girls

Knittymuggins said...

OMG! I bought that exact same yarn from that exact same place! So funny :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out.....

Anonymous said...

I am the same size, Rachael, and I'm going to go with the smaller one for exactly the same reasons. It is good to know that there are places it can be adjusted too! They are right that Calmer is such a nice stretchy yarn that it should work well.

Kozy Kitty said...

I have the same issue as well. I measure 24 inches and fall between the sizes. I figured I'd start the small size and try it on when I get to the part when the body is joined. I won't join it until I try it on. The Calmer is quite stretchy so hopefully it will work. I made my Sahara to measure 31" and it fit but that yarn wasn't as stretchy and the sweater was knit in plain old stockinette stitch.

bobi1218 said...

I ordered the same yarn from the same place, too :) I love the color, I can't wait to see how all these Chiffon FiFis turn out!!