Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Got my stuff

I'll be making Fifi in Calmer--color Refresh. I bought 5 skeins. I'm thinking that I would like it to be just a little bit longer--maybe an inch or two. I want to be able to wear it to work so I can't have my belly button showing! I like the idea of 3/4 length sleeves but I think I'll keep these short. I also ordered yarn for the Red Carpet Convertible. I am only making it corset length. I ordered Noro Hana Silk in vivid red (color #41). I found the yarn both on ebay and the online store of Celtic Cove (www.celticcove.com). It seems to retail for about $20 a skein in the US and the skeins are 40g. Celtic Cove is in the UK and the skeins there are 50g. It is also on clearance for about $13 a skein. I bought 6 skeins and I'm paying $10 for shipping. I think this yarn will work nicely. Reviewers say it has that nice crunch of silk yet it is very drapey. The gauge seems right as well. I can't wait to complete both!

I'll be interested to see how people modify Fifi. I really need it to be bigger than the 29.5 yet smaller than the 33 inches. 31 inches would be perfect. I will try it on and try to fudge wit hthe stitch pattern to make it work!

No comments: