Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hempathina

Well, I wasn't late for my wedding like Lick My Sticks, but I was late starting and finishing this last SKC knitalong. I had a heck of a time getting the hang of the pattern enough to carry it around and knit without concentrating, but once I did, I loved knitting it. So much that I actually put off finishing it out of sadness for the loss of the project. Weird, huh.

Ta-da!



Details: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, on size 3 needles, negative 2 inches ease (I knit it 2 inches smaller than my bust measurement). I had 27.5 stitches per 4 inches, and cast on 121 stitches. I wet blocked it instead of steam blocking, as it was 104 degrees (in Oregon!) that day. The swatch was machine washed and dried, and stayed the same gauge. Not that I'm planning on machine washing this, I was just curious.

I love the drape of the Hempathy, and would knit with it again. And it has hemp in it! Very cool for an eco-girl like me.

And thank you to the other late Orangina bloggers, you gave me the courage to post belatedly.
Come visit me at flyingpoodle.com.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Very pretty!

Estellika said...

Hmmm, 2" of negative ease, brilliant! Thanks for sharing that; and how you liked the hemp you used. It looks great!

Disentangled said...

Congrats on your Orangina! It came out great. What a great color!