Tuesday, October 10, 2006

sizzle done!


Here's my finished Sizzle. I like this pattern and will do it again...paying better attention to row gauge (my new mantra...row gauge row gauge row gauge). I'm happy with the V in the back, it's about an inch or a bit more higher than the front, which is also a bit higher than the pattern first calls for...none of my bras have a deep enough notch for me to wear such a plunging neckline! Overall it's a bit short on me, but ok for summer shirt, it just hits my hip bones. Glad I added 1/2 inch to bottom edging and an extra few rows between decreases and increases. If I'd been on top of things, I'd've added another inch or so there. I think my finished length is 21 inches. Which would be ok for most people, but I'm long in the waist. Row gauge row gauge row gauge! I did it mostly in discontinued Linet from Berocco. I tried it on several needle sizes and the fabric I liked best had a somewhat tighter gauge than Sizzle calls for (I think I was getting 5.5?) so I made the next size up. Results of that choice are good and it fits well. I thought I wouldn't have enough yarn (this is a stashbuster for me) so I did edging in Santos DK, a mercerized cotton. I like the slight contrast. I ended up with 2 skeins of Linet that I didn't touch...maybe a matching bag? I'm under the weather, so no pic w/ it on, maybe in a few days. Wendy, one MINOR comment...did you notice that the picture of the front of your sweater is on the directions for the back and vice-versa? Made me pause a couple times, but this is certainly a user error problem!

1 comment:

Christine said...

LOOKS wonderful! I like the v-back thing too! Nice!