Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Shetland Sweater Vest


This is my first post here. I'm posting a picture of my shetland sweater vest. The yarn is handspun from my senior shetland ram (I'll post a pic of him too). I spun this yarn this spring after shearing and it was completely hand processed from start to finish. I knit this on a circular needle and then just knit the shoulders closed so that I did not have to do any sewing up of side seems. If I make this pattern again, I will make the arm opening cut down lower on the sides and till make the shoulders narrower to give it a more feminine look. Other than that, I do like it.


I can't remember the name of the book that I got this pattern from. It has cables up the center front and then they split to go up the V collar. The arm bindings and neck binding was done last. This is a natural wool color with no dye used.
Below is a picture of the shetland ram who donated the wool for my vest. His name is Sheepyhollow Alf.

1 comment:

insaknitty said...

all I can say is "wow!" :) the vest looks great and alf is very cute.