Monday, October 16, 2006

And I Thought I Was Doing So Well

I was working steadily on my SKB. I had done the correct number of increases and even had the correct stitch count. After transferring it to scrap yarn, I tried it on... more like I draped it over my shoulders. Huh... looked too small and too short, similar to the same predicament as Jarubaknits, so I decided to do another full set of repeats and increases. After I joined it, I held it up. Too big! Rip it! Rip it good! Now I'm ripping it back slowly, so I don't drop any of the increases at the shoulders. Here's a picture of it before I started to frog. It's about 2-3 inches that I'm ripping out. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

jarubaknits said...

Don't despair - you'll get it right. After reading the responses to my query about the fit I decided to proceed with the pattern without adding any rounds and so far so good. I did however have to frog 17 rows because the Tilli Tomas silk has knots in it and there was a place where the knot was visible and left a hole. I thought I could live with it but then realized I couldn't, so I'm at about the same point on the pattern that you are. When I frogged it I had to calculate where I was according the how many stitches I had and replace the markers. That was scary! The next time I try it on will be just before the join and lace section. I'll post it to the SKC blog.
Keep going and just follow the pattern. Love the yarn color!

Christine said...

Hang in there, it'll be worth it to have a sweater that fits! I LOVE mine and wear it all the time. It was worth a few rows of ripping for me too to get it just right!