Saturday, November 11, 2006

Oooh...pretty!


Well I know this KAL is winding down ( I only have a sleeve and a half to go!) ...so people will probably start nominating patterns for the next one soon, right? I just saw this gorgeous one at stitchdiva, and I am in LOVE! I sort of wish I had seen this one before the SKB...but since it's not exactly avaialable yet, that would have been hard to pull off :P

ANYWAY! I think this is another Tilli Thomas pattern, and I know that some folks are boycotting them (Tilli Thomas, the yarn - not the pattern or designer) on principle...but you have to admit, it's a really pretty sweater! I myself would probably buy the pattern to support the designer and use a diffferent yarn.

ETA
I am aware the pattern is not "by" Tilli Thomas, what I meant was that it is another pattern which originally calls for Tilli Thomas. Sorry to have raised any hackles, should have been more clear!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, the SKB pattern isn't by Tilli Tomas, it's by Stef Japel. The recommended yarn is a Tilli Tomas product, and that's what is being boycotted.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

I too have seen that pattern and love it. Although it uses Tilli Thomas, subs can be used as with the SKB plus now we have prior knowledge of how some of the subs knit up.

Anonymous said...

No hackles raised here--just giving credit where it is due. Both patterns are lovely.

Anonymous said...

I think this pattern is very pretty...but I was confused as to what it is... I found it...it is "Sahara" a new pattern by Wendy Bernard. Wendy did such a great job on the pattern for Sizzle, I imagine this one would be an easy knit as well. And, it is really beautiful. It has some of the lines that I liked in the SKB, but I like this neckline even better. And, being top down, if I forget my mantra "row gauge", I'll be ok.

Pixiepurls said...

you are right that is soo freakin beutiful!!

Anonymous said...

Sahara's nice but (in my opinion) it's too similar to the SKB and I'm ready for something a little different. Besides, I still have ill feelings about Tilli Tomas and wish our knitting designers would consider the ethics of the yarn companies they're endorsing when designing a pattern with these yarns. It pretty much ruins the whole pattern for me.