Monday, February 25, 2008

Bella sizing question

I am finishing up Giselle and now I am preparing the pattern for Bella. I notice that the smallest size is bust 34.25 inches which happens to be my exact bust measurement. Is this the actual sweater measurement or is it meant to fit that size bust? I have found that this type of sweater fits me best with at least 2 inches of negative ease. What would be the best way to accomplish that? Knit it to a slightly smaller gauge? I have found Giselle to be a little big after knitting the smallest size and getting gauge, so it wasn't enough negative ease. Thanks for any suggestions for getting the right fit!

2 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

You may want to wait a bit before you decide on a size - evidently there's a problem with the charts. If you compare the small and medium, you'll see that the medium is smaller than the small. I posted about this in the SKC group on Ravelry, and Marnie said she'd try to look at it when she could. I'm not sure if the charts are just switched, or if there's some other problem.

Kozy Kitty said...

I saw that. I looked at the charts and it looks like the medium and small charts for the top only were switched. The medium is smaller. For the bottom part though, the small is smaller--as is the sleeve. My guess is that the two charts were switched. Even with that straightened out, the small, if it measures 34.25", will still be too big. I need a couple of inches of negative ease--particularly since I am not at all busty!