Friday, January 25, 2008

Giselle's coming along nicely


I'm am loving this! After the knitting to deadline stuff I've done recently - ploughing back and forwards across rows as fast as I can - knitting on circular needles has slowed me right down (for once I'm knitting to guage!) and this is so therapeutic (sp?!)and looks lovely. Knitting it in Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora (Maroon). Once I got started, the pattern was no way as complex as I'd thought - although I spent 10 mins with a calculator trying to figure out how many stitches I was increasing by and where after the first 17 rows.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous color! Looks great so far:)

ShaylaM said...

Oooh! what a beautiful color!

sulkycat said...

i just won enough of this wool in a rich purple, good old ebay! so as soon as it arrives i will be getting started - probably the most ambitious thing i will have knitted so far, but will give it a go

Soozletew said...

I'm wondering what people are using for Giselle, as I've been put off so far by the expense of using the Plie from Tilli Tomas. It seems to me that some sort of silk mix would be preferred in order for the garment to drape well. What are you using?