Saturday, March 08, 2008

To frog or not to frog. That is the question!

Thanks for your comments on my post below about Giselle. (Giselle Sizing--post immediately below this one.) I've thought of how I can fix it. I think I will run a lifeline at the point where I want the length and frog back to that point, then bind off. Then it will fit like the pattern photos. I just cannot stretch it across the bust like it is because it is too long. I measured the gauge again and found that it must have grown when it was wet blocked. Silk does funny things like that. It fit when I tried it on a few rows before I bound off. I didn't wash my initial swatch so I didn't expect it to grow like that. That will be a lesson because if I had washed the swatch, I probably would have saved about a week of knitting!

Now--here's my question. I don't have enough yarn for my second flounce and I ordered another skein. I"m wondering if I should just use the yarn that I frog from the bodice for that. My concern is that this yarn has already been blocked and has stretched out. I'm afraid that mixing it with the unblocked yarn will affect the finished flounce when it gets blocked. Should I just save the blocked yarn for another small project? It would save spending on the extra skein, but I want the thing to turn out right and I don't mind spending since I've already spend a lot on it. I've never been in this situation before. Thanks for any advice. The comments are always so helpful.

2 comments:

boogaloo said...

Maybe try blocking the unfinished flounce, so you'll be working with all blocked yarn? You will probably have to go up in needle size to match the gauge of the already blocked first flounce.

Anonymous said...

visit my sexy archive webcam sexy girls http://sexsexmoresex.biz/webcam/