Monday, August 20, 2007

Loopy Cables

Hello,

Due to how life can be I am just swatching for Fifi and practicing cabeling without a needle.

I have tried a method from a blogger named Wendy, and a method from blogger, Grumperina. I prefer the Grumperina way but am still ending up with bigger loops at the bottom seat of the cable twist.

I've been more gentle with the twisting, which has helped, but not eliminated the prob.

Does anyone know how to solve this detail?

I think that most of the far right cable is ok, except for the first and third cross up from bottom.

The others are loosy goosey!

Ideas?



www.flickr.com



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might want to pull tighter in the stitch that is longer. You be having uneven tension from stop and starting in the cable movement. Just a guess.

mary_me_a_little said...

Here's what I do: After setting up the stitches (in a twist) on the left hand needle, knit the first two stitches in the usual way, but knit the 3rd and 4th stitches in the cable *without* removing the third stitch from the left needle until you've knit the 4th stitch. Then, slide the 3rd and 4th stitches to the right hand needle.
It works for me, anyway.
Good luck!