Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hi from Portugal!

Hi. My name is TGZ (not my real name, it's my knitblogger alias!) and I'm a Sexy Knitter! ("Hello, TGZ!")

My knitting blog is Knitting through life (edited: previously the link was wrong!) and I'm writing from Portugal (yes, from the other side of the ocean!) Am I the first European member of the club? If there are other European gals, I would like to know!

I voted for Deciduous, though I must admit it was hard to decide. I like several of the patterns you suggested in the big voting (December 1st), and I was undecided between Deciduous (it's so different! and it seems to be a good fit for small bust girls like me) and Tivoli/Picovoli (so simple, yet feminine, and good to fit a whole variety of body types). So, I am happy that Picovoli won. I already intended to knit one Picovoli some day, so I will go look through my stash.

Just one more thing: Why did I join? Because I think I'm sexy, and because knitting is sexy. I'm of the Venus de Milo body shape (I'm not advertising their book, I just like their classification of body types), which means I have a small upper body, a narrow waist, and big, motherly hips. I learned to like my body, and when you like your body, you become sexy. I also like to experience things sensually. Sensuality is very misunderstood these days. I like to taste food slowly, to distinguish the several flavours combined. I like to cook myself, and choose what spices to use by their smell. I like to see more sharply after a rainy day, or to stop and hear the small sounds. I like to smell pine trees after a rain. I like to hear the small variations of tone in a friend's voice. And I like to knit.

And why is knitting sensual? Because we fondle a soft skein of merino, we run the yarn through our fingers, we sometimes smell it, we let it wrap our body, we say that some yarns are next-to-the-skin soft, we work it with our hands.

Pleased to meet you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing and WELCOME!

Anonymous said...

BTW, the link to your blog doesn't seem to be working :-(

amylovie said...

Welcome! We are thrilled to have you.

Amy

~Jody said...

Wow - I really love your sensual discription of knitting - I don't think I've ever thought of it that way but it's so true! Welcome to the group!